However tenacious you are, however flexible and focused and the rest of it, there will be times when what makes the difference to achieving what matters is the backing you get from the people in your life.
Your vision is just that – yours. Vision takes passion, and when you are dedicated to making your vision a reality, it is important that your passion be your driving force. Not everyone will get it, and you need to accept that’s the case. Sometimes you may be surprised by the fact that those who are closest to you don’t support your vision.
If you know people who are consistently putting down what is important to you, maybe it’s time to reassess what each of you gets from that relationship. A sceptic can be a good person to have around, but there can be occasions you realise it’s time to go your separate ways, and wish them well.
For every person who leaves your life, you create space for someone amazing to enter it. You’ll be surprised how often that happens, and how often you’ll get the chance to support someone you’ve admired for their ambition, their talent, their zeal, when they falter along their way. But keep in mind that you can’t please everyone all the time, so make sure you put the happiness of the most important person in your life first – you.
Our vision at The Best You is focussed and expanding. We have put together an app that features the highlights of what we have been doing for the past year and a half, which you can download from the app store. And because we have such great interview content, we are releasing the interviews as podcasts. Then of course, there is this issue, which is packed with great articles from the likes of Marisa Peer, Dr. John Demartini and Ariana Huffington.
The bottom line? We’re here for each other. The hand we reach out to someone when they’re having a bad day is the same hand that picks us up when we’re not hearing the news we’ve been angling for. Play that role for others, and you’ll know what it’s like to receive support too, when you need it.
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019
- 10 Game-Changing Business Lessons From Motivational Books - May 9, 2019
- How resilience is one of the most important skills you can master for a happier life (and it is SO easily learned) - April 5, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - October 15, 2018
- Welcome to The Best You magazine - March 21, 2018
- The Best You A Better World - November 30, 2017
- Improving mental health in the workplace - November 30, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - September 25, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - July 12, 2017
- The Journey - June 1, 2017