This is part 1 of a 7-part series on how to discover your real purpose in life.
- How To Find Out If You Are Living Your Real Purpose Now
- 5 Solid Reasons You Should Have A Purpose
- Why Earning Money Is Not Your Real Purpose (And How To Know What Is)
- 2 Important Things that Led to My Discovery of My Real Purpose
- 6 Things to Consider Before Identifying Your Purpose
- Discover Your Life Purpose In The Next 30 Minutes
- Living in Alignment with Your Purpose
“The biggest threat to our well-being is the absence of moral clarity and purpose.” – Rich Sherman
“The un-examined life is not worth living.” – Socrates
“Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you’re alive, it isn’t.” – Richard Bach
How do you know if you are living your real life purpose right now?
Simple – If you are not living your everyday life full of exuberance, energy, passion and love, you are not living your real purpose.
What is your purpose in life? What is the meaning of our existence?
Depending on your upbringing, you will have different answers to this question. These answers may have been inculcated in you at some point by other people, or you may have arrived at the answers yourself in your own ways.
If you are an average output of today’s society, your purpose may be to be a good person, get married, stay out of trouble and contribute to the society at some arbitrary point in life.
If you are generally just jaded with life, your purpose may be to take whatever life throws at you every day and ultimately wait and die.
The purpose of life is a perpetual question which has eluded mankind since our existence. What is it? Why are we here? As lifeforms on earth, do all of us have the same singular purpose or do we have different purposes? If there is one true purpose, why are there different religions advocating different purposes? Is someone wrong then? Who is right and who is wrong? But how can so many other people be wrong?
Do you know your purpose? Why are you here on earth, right now? Have you ever lived life in a flurry, only to look back, wondering the meaning of your existence?
Discovering Your Purpose
- are looking for your purpose,
- don’t know if you have a purpose,
- don’t believe in a purpose or
- are not sure if your current purpose is your real purpose,
This series on purpose is targeted at you. Even if you believe you have crystal clear clarity on your purpose in life, read on! It might serve as affirmation material or spark off additional perspectives for consideration. My objective here is to share with you my personal lessons which I have acquired in my pursuit to live my best life – to help you get the best out of your own life as well.
In the next-part on Why Should You Have A Purpose? Here’s 5 Solid Reasons Why, let us look into why we need a purpose and its significance in our lives.
This post first appeared on Personal Excellence.
- How to Wake Up Early in the Morning – 5 Tips You Need to Know by TJ Chasteen - February 16, 2016
- You can lose it! by Ali Campbell - July 24, 2015
- Maintaining enthusiasm by Dragos Roua - February 25, 2014
- 10 Life Lessons Everyone Should Know by Sibyl Chavis - February 25, 2014
- Dear LOA: What’s The Point Of Being Here by Melody Fletcher - February 25, 2014
- Stuck in a rut? Start over! by Courtney Carver - February 18, 2014
- Life Balance – Living the Dream by Marquita Herald - February 15, 2014
- The Story Of The Wounded Child by Evelyn Lym - February 14, 2014
- 8 Things You Forgot to Be Grateful For by Marc and Angel - February 12, 2014
- The Startup World’s Big Miss by Jonathan Fields - February 12, 2014