December is the month where we get a bit of a reprieve from the oppressive coldness with some festive joy. So sit back and enjoy this time of year, and all the mulled wine and twinkling lights that go with it. And of course The Best You is here to add even more joy.
These days, Jennifer Lopez, or J-Lo for those who know her well, is a household name. But it wasn’t always the case for the Latina, New York City-born star. She came from humble beginnings and broke glass ceilings becoming the highest paid Latina performer in the world. And since then she has created an empire and taken on single motherhood. We chat to her about her achievements. And editor Bernardo Moya chats with Paul Boross about life, business and how to present yourself, including a video interview.
This month we launched a new feature in the magazine – The Best You Investigates. Each issue we will be conducting surveys and doing research and putting together investigative pieces on topics you want to hear about. This month we are talking about Daylight Saving Time and the effects it has on our moods.
The Best You is all about inspiring people, so a few months ago we started a regular feature that tells the stories of three people who have overcome great challenges to get to where they are. This month we hear from Dries Millard, a paraplegic who runs an organisation to help disabled people achieve their physical dreams; Cissy Adamou, who was born with a serious heart condition; and Sonjia Norman, who has dedicated her life to overcoming environmental issues.
In our ‘What does it take..?’ column this month we chat to London City police officer, A. Hoffman about the ups and downs of crime fighting. And Sebastian Nienaber gives us some tips on hacking happiness.
All this and so much more! We’d also like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas. See you next year!
All contributors include: Gemma Bailey, The English Sisters, Sophia Husbands, Anne Mulliner, Jim Aitkins, Scott Roberts, Sebastian Nienaber, David Sturt, Ann Wilson and Bryan Szabo.
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019
- 10 Game-Changing Business Lessons From Motivational Books - May 9, 2019
- How resilience is one of the most important skills you can master for a happier life (and it is SO easily learned) - April 5, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - October 15, 2018
- Welcome to The Best You magazine - March 21, 2018
- The Best You A Better World - November 30, 2017
- Improving mental health in the workplace - November 30, 2017