Welcome to the December 2013 issue of The Best You, which also doubles up as our Christmas issue! Merry Christmas! We hope you enjoy this festive themed issue and that it puts you in the same jolly mood that it put us in while we were putting it together.
This month the gorgeous and talented, although not necessarily in that order, Angelina Jolie is our cover star. We were surprised to find out about her really challenging life’s journey, from being abandoned as a child and struggling with drugs as a teenager to being the great mom and UN Goodwill Ambassador we know today. Our editor, Bernardo Moya, also interviewed Perween Warsi, who came from India to the UK with £3 in her pocket and created a culinary empire.
In the spirit of the festive season, Dr. Wayne Dyer tells us to make love our habit, while Robin Sharma gives us some weird and wonderful traditions of great achievers.
HIV/Aids may not have as high of a profile as it did 10 years ago, but it is still a global epidemic, especially in developing countries. 1 December is World Aids Day, so Suzi Price from the National Aids Trust wrote us a very uplifting article about the progress Aids treatment has made over the years.
Of course, it being December, we decided to make our Bucket List column all about things to do on Christmas. We list such things as having a white Christmas and buying a really extravagant gift for a loved one. And we’ve also got some great gift ideas on out gadgets page.
All this and so much more!
All contributors include: Wayne Dyer, John Grohol, Leo Babauta, Emma Hammett, Suzi Price, Oscar Del Ben, Bernice Bowmaker-Falconer, Samantha Bell, Robin Sharma, Kristen White, John Lee and Thomas Gagliano
- The Best You: A Better World - September 25, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - July 12, 2017
- The Journey - June 1, 2017
- Editor’s Letter - April 27, 2017
- So Much Change by Bernardo Moya - November 18, 2016
- The Right Reasons by Bernardo Moya - September 24, 2016
- Two sides to a story by Bernardo Moya - July 20, 2016
- The revolution begins here – The Oola Guys by Bernardo Moya - July 18, 2016
- Son of an Immigrant by Bernardo Moya - June 23, 2016
- Where Will You Go? by Bernardo Moya - June 6, 2016