Danny Wallace’s “Random Acts of Kindness” gives you 365 ways to make other people’s lives better. Here are a handful of suggestions from this cult book.
On a Sunday morning, pop round to a hungover friend’s house, bringing with you bacon, eggs, beans and toast…
Make them a fry-up and a cup of tea.
Pay for a Stranger’s Meal!
Last half term, visiting my local cafe for my traditional Friday morning bacon and egg sandwich, I noticed a mum and her little boy at a table by the window. She had toast and he was tucking into a fried breakfast. I thought it would be nice to chip in and pay for their mini feast. The following Friday I learnt that the mum in question had been unceremoniously dumped by her husband, and with ridiculous debts had been rendered homeless prior to finding a one-bed council flat. The visit to the cafe was the only treat she could afford for her little boy in his half-term holiday and when she found someone had paid anonymously, she burst into tears.
It may sound just a little selfish but I felt really good about that one.
(Adrian Thompson, Cheltenham)
Give a pot plant to a bus driver. It will brighten up their dashboard.
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019