Danny Wallace’s “Random Acts of Kindness” gives you 365 ways to make other people’s lives better. Here are a handful of suggestions from this cult book.
On a Sunday morning, pop round to a hungover friend’s house, bringing with you bacon, eggs, beans and toast…
Make them a fry-up and a cup of tea.
Pay for a Stranger’s Meal!
Last half term, visiting my local cafe for my traditional Friday morning bacon and egg sandwich, I noticed a mum and her little boy at a table by the window. She had toast and he was tucking into a fried breakfast. I thought it would be nice to chip in and pay for their mini feast. The following Friday I learnt that the mum in question had been unceremoniously dumped by her husband, and with ridiculous debts had been rendered homeless prior to finding a one-bed council flat. The visit to the cafe was the only treat she could afford for her little boy in his half-term holiday and when she found someone had paid anonymously, she burst into tears.
It may sound just a little selfish but I felt really good about that one.
(Adrian Thompson, Cheltenham)
Give a pot plant to a bus driver. It will brighten up their dashboard.
- Welcome to The Best You magazine - March 21, 2018
- The Best You A Better World - November 30, 2017
- Improving mental health in the workplace - November 30, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - September 25, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - July 12, 2017
- The Journey - June 1, 2017
- Editor’s Letter - April 27, 2017
- So Much Change by Bernardo Moya - November 18, 2016
- The Right Reasons by Bernardo Moya - September 24, 2016
- Two sides to a story by Bernardo Moya - July 20, 2016