Claire Squires – Making A Difference
We talk a lot at The Inspirer about people doing amazing things and about excellence – about people being the best they can be.
Last weekend, London saw 35,000+ people come together to celebrate another field of human excellence, when they ran the London Marathon.
Whilst a handful of those runners are professional and elite sportspeople, the vast majority run those 26 miles for a very real purpose of helping others – of raising money for charity and doing some good for their local community.
Just so with Claire Squires, the 30-year-old woman from Leicester, who entered the run with the goal of getting everyone she knew to “donate five pounds” to her chosen charity, The Samaritans.
As many of you may already know, Claire collapsed and died on the Marathon within a mile of the finish line, cause of death unknown.
A tragic story? Yes. Her family and friends are mourning her untimely death right now.
But one can’t help but be inspired by the way the larger community has rallied around this woman, and shown their appreciation for the sacrifice she made.
At the time of writing, Claire’s Just Giving page shows that more than 63,000 people have donated over 725,000 pounds on her page. The figure is going up all the time.
Claire’s example, and that of the tens of thousands who have donated is an inspiration to us all.
This week, I would like to inspire you to do something selfless, something kind and something good.
I’d like to invite you to donate whatever you can afford on her Just Giving page, and to make good news from bad, and light from the darkness.
You can donate here.
And I’d like to ask you, if you feel it is right, to forward this Inspirer to as many others as you can – so we can all make a difference, and be the best we can be.
Thank you so much for reading.
Till next time
- The Best You: A Better World - September 25, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - July 12, 2017
- The Journey - June 1, 2017
- Editor’s Letter - April 27, 2017
- So Much Change by Bernardo Moya - November 18, 2016
- The Right Reasons by Bernardo Moya - September 24, 2016
- Two sides to a story by Bernardo Moya - July 20, 2016
- The revolution begins here – The Oola Guys by Bernardo Moya - July 18, 2016
- Son of an Immigrant by Bernardo Moya - June 23, 2016
- Where Will You Go? by Bernardo Moya - June 6, 2016