You can find fantastic places to dip a toe in outdoor waters at wildswim.com – here are some spots to try…
1.Plodda Fall, Nr Tomich, Invernesshire, Highlands Hike through the forestto get to a reviving plunge pool at the bottom of Scotland’s highest waterfall. Stunning for diving and swimming, it’s an exhilarating experience.
2. The Cam, Grantchester Meadows, Cambridge Apparently a favourite with poet Rupert Brooke, surrounded by water meadows, wildlife and the odd passing punt, this is the perfect summertime spot to enjoy a plunge before a picnic.
3. Frensham Great Pond, Surrey Built by the Bishop of Winchester to house his collection of fish, a sandy beach, easy access and nearby café, with a designated swimming area, this is the perfect spot for families looking for a gentle step into outdoor waters.
4. Holkham Beach, Near Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk Golden sands and a horizon that goes on for miles – billed as ‘the place where the sea meets the sky’ this is an idyllic landscape for all the family. You might even get lucky and see a seal bob by as you swim.
5. Hampstead Ponds, London Three ponds, one to suit every mood. Try Kenwood Ladies’ Pond which is surrounded by oak trees, a large men’s bath pool and a Mixed Pond with a grassy area for sunbathing.
6. Loch Lomond, Nr Inversnaid, Stirlingshire One of the UK’s finest freshwater lakes, the northern part of the loch is where Scotland’s Rob Roy’s hideout cave exists, so head for this spot and make your own northern adventure.
7. Nant Ffrancon, Snowdonia A mile-long walk reveals a cobalt blue glacial lake surrounded on three sides by high crags, rock slabs and slopes. Guaranteed to deliver an adrenaline shot!
- Five Free Tips to Living a Life Without Limits - March 27, 2019
- September – October 2018 - October 15, 2018
- The power of saying ‘enough’ - October 15, 2018
- What’s new - October 15, 2018
- A Gratitude Attitude - October 15, 2018
- Meghan Markle - October 15, 2018
- Warren Buffett Life Lessons - October 15, 2018
- Book Club - October 15, 2018
- Sole searching - October 15, 2018
- How Do We Break Out of The Doom-and-gloom Cocoon and See More of What’s Right in Life? - October 15, 2018