Films can be great uplifters and inspirers. Here are 7 super quotes to help you stay on to the end.
1. Optimism – The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
“Everything will be alright in the end so if it is not alright it is not the end.”
A great saying. Remember, you might think things haven’t worked out right – but the truth is you don’t know how things are going to work out. Who gets to say when the end is, after all?
2. Dealing with the bad times – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times when one only remembers
to turn on the light.”
Sometimes it’s easy to get so caught up in terrible events and the bad things going on around us. We lose the spark that keeps us going. But though we may not have control over everything else, happiness is something we make in our own heads.
3. The power of two… or three… or more… Into the Wild
“Happiness is only real when shared.”
This is a gorgeous quote. Happiness is one of the great emotions to draw people together. A shared experience isn’t doubled, it’s squared. It reminds us too, that human beings are social animals, built to share each other’s delight.
4. Value Your Uniqueness – What a Girl Wants
“Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?”
Yup, it’s true. The individuality that makes up you is the one thing you shouldn’t be ashamed of. Love being you. Others will join in, if you do!
5. You are the sum of your actions, not your bloodline - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
“It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices.”
A philosopher once wrote “when a man finishes showing what he can do, we find out what he is.” It’s true that people have great talents – but how to live a life wisely, that’s
the real test of the person.
6. Comfort in your own skin (even if it is green) – Shrek
“After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.”
Belief in yourself comes from listening to the voice inside you that keeps you to your path. Because voices out there disapprove of you, it just means they don’t get you.
But you get you. So that’s okay.
7 . Recognise your assets – from Dumbo
“The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up.”
A classic way of making you realise that what you think are your weakness are your strengths. If you’ve ever seen an elephant fly, you’ll know what that means!
For more great quotes, subscribe to The Best You magazine
- Five Free Tips to Living a Life Without Limits - March 27, 2019
- September – October 2018 - October 15, 2018
- What’s new - October 15, 2018
- The power of saying ‘enough’ - October 15, 2018
- The Great Elephant Walk - October 15, 2018
- Meghan Markle - October 15, 2018
- A Gratitude Attitude - October 15, 2018
- How Do We Break Out of The Doom-and-gloom Cocoon and See More of What’s Right in Life? - October 15, 2018
- Sole searching - October 15, 2018
- Book Club - October 15, 2018