Culture, history, architecture and culinary experiences – what’s not to love about a European city break? Here’s The Best You’s hit list of weekend wonders
Top of the list with its architectural maze of Gothic facades and modern buildings. But that’s just this city’s starting point, with a thriving arts scene, designer clothes and shoes to be bought, plus a fantastic range of eateries and nightclubs that go on late into the night. You might find a weekend is just the beginning and you plan a longer return trip before you leave…
A magical city with endless waterways, treat yourself to a gondola ride and marvel at the precision with which the gondoliers navigate the tightest turns. As Bellini was created in Venice, it would be rude not to raise a glass and maybe enjoy a dish of salted codfish alongside.
Walk, cycle, maybe take a river taxi – there are plenty of ways to enjoy the well-proportioned streets of Amsterdam. Alongside its relaxed lifestyle, the city houses an amazing array of artwork in its fantastically curated museums, so enjoy the culture too.
As history goes, Rome has plenty to show with its ancient ruins and wealth of art. Alongside there are trattorias, piazzas and shops that live up to the city’s familial and friendly atmosphere, plus a climate that make this city break feel like a real escape.
While Parisians typically depart the big smoke for the month of August, for cooler country and coast, this can be a fabulous month to explore the French capital. While you’ll undoubtedly still queue to see the Mona Lisa behind her glass shield, you’ll find courtyards and gardens with a more relaxed view of Paris.
For many it’s a place to live and work, but there’s a reason that millions of visitors flock to London. Slip into tourist mode and tour some of the world’s best museums, sit on Southbank and people watch over a glass of Pimm’s, before catching a theatre show.
- Thinking Time - November 30, 2017
- Can Life Coaching Help You Live a Calmer Life? - November 30, 2017
- November – December 2017 - November 30, 2017
- Why we’re All Going Vegan - November 30, 2017
- A Climate of Change - November 30, 2017
- The Evolution of A Megabrand - November 30, 2017
- The Jamie Oliver phenomenon: The business of good feelings - November 30, 2017
- Book Club - November 30, 2017
- Working together for A Better World - November 30, 2017
- Chasing Coral - November 30, 2017