I think one of the most important things I have finally learned is to pay attention to the lessons that are coming my way every single day. I totally used to miss them. I always had so much going on and the majority of my attention was focused on what I was doing, but not what I was supposed to be learning.
So, as I am sure you can imagine, I have seen the same lessons come to me over and over again … but, I am finally paying attention. Better late than never … right?
I’ve realized that when it comes to life, we have to manage through challenges and issues, taste success, understand defeat, BUT most importantly … take notes along the way of the universal truths that can be distilled from such experiences. While these are by all means not all the universal truths that exist, here are 10 really important life lessons that I have discovered:
10 Life Lessons and Universal Truths
1. “The more you give, the more you receive” is a universal truth that applies to way more than charitable giving. It literally applies to everything. It has been described as the boomerang effect and that term is very fitting because you literally get back everything you put out there. It doesn’t matter if it is kindness, generosity, love, anger, frustration, money, etc. It all comes right back to you.
2. Life always puts in front of you exactly what you need at that precise moment in time. Whether it is good or bad or tastes sweet or sour, life gives you exactly what you need, even if you may prefer to have something else.
3. If you really believe that everything happens for a reason and buy into that truth, there is nothing you will not be able to manage through.
4. If at first you don’t succeed, there is a reason why and until you figure out that reason, you will not succeed.
5. If you struggle with a situation, but never learn the underlying lesson, it will come back to you again and again until you learn it … even though it may come in a different size box with a different color ribbon.
6. There is nothing better than figuring out your purpose and living aligned with it.
7. We have the ability to create and shape our own future. We just have to realize that is the case and then choose to do something about it.
8. If you think your life is just okay, then you still have more to learn about how you really should be living and experiencing life.
9. When you first set out to accomplish something big, at first it will be all about successfully accomplishing your desire. However, as you get closer and closer to accomplishing it and when you are finally successful, the destination and your success will not seem nearly as important as it did in the beginning. What will really matter is what you have learned along the way and how you have grown.
10. Things can seem to be a certain way and when we look at them on their surface, we will only understand a certain aspect. However, if we push ourselves to look at what seemed obvious and choose to look at it differently, we will see alternaviews. We will see life lessons in everything around us that apply to who we are and who we want to be become. We will see that everything has the ability to point us in the direction of our own truth. We just have to look.
“This post first appeared on The Possibility of Today.”
- March – April 2018 - March 21, 2018
- WOW! WHAT A WEEKEND! - March 21, 2018
- March for Giants - March 21, 2018
- Good News - March 21, 2018
- Being Bulletproof - March 21, 2018
- Compassion and Capitalism - March 21, 2018
- The American Way - March 21, 2018
- Book Club - March 21, 2018
- How Community Can Build Inner Strength - March 21, 2018
- A Daily Dose of Love - March 21, 2018